A guided self-help workbook for eating difficulties
A guided self-help workbook for eating difficulties designed to be delivered by regular face-to-face sessions with a guide.
The series includes a pre-treatment session explaining the GSH treatment and asking the participant to consider committing to the program.
Subsequent sessions are listed below.
PRE AND POST-TREATMENT MEASURES INCLUDED
Measures of therapeutic alliance and eating disorders behaviours and psychopathology have been built into the workbook. However, your service may choose to use its own outcome measures.
Measures include EDEQ, PHq9 and GAD7.
SESSIONAL MEASURES OF THERAPEUTIC ALLIANCE
There are measures of therapeutic alliance built into each section, and these explore how well the participant was engaged with the materials and the guide. They offer quick feedback to the guide and allow the guide to address issues that may interfere with therapy.
Working to Overcome Eating DifficultiesOur Working to Overcome Eating Difficulties Guided Self-Help Package includes:
- Session 1: What are eating disorders?
- Session 2: Physical and psychological health
- Session 3: Food and health & unwanted behaviours
- Session 4: Negative thoughts: Identifying & challenging
- Session 5: Learning to feel good about you
- Session 6: Relapse prevention: Planning for the future
FOCUSING ON THE IMPORTANT TOPICSThe programmes focus on helping people to:
- Develop an understanding why they have an eating problem
- Learn more about themselves challenging interpersonal difficulties, low self-esteem and mood intolerance
- Raise awareness of thoughts, feelings and behaviours around food
- Gain practical skills and techniques to tackle their eating problem
- Have a space to explore how they can recover and maintain this